The concerts are expected to attract large audiences and now hotels in both cities almost fully booked.
On August plays the German rock group Scorpions in Pietarsaari. When the concert was announced in March, the hope was that between 6000 and 10 000 tickets were sold.According to Juha Hytti, CEO of the company Eastway Live, which organizes the concert ticket sales have been good
We do not comment on how many tickets have been sold, but we are very satisfied with sales so far, he says.
Are you going up in the 10 000 tickets sold?
– I do not think we can expect quite so many, anything more I can not say.
The concert has still got momentum on hotel reservations in Pietarsaari.
– Rooms have been spent as fast as before Toto concert in 2013. The hotel is almost fully booked, there are only a few strörum left, says Lotte Jåfs at Stadshotellet in Pietarsaari.
Even at Hotel Epoque have been many reservations.
– The hotel is fully booked, the rooms was spent very quickly, says Petra Kauppinen.
At Hotel Jugendstil has been put extra beds in the rooms to meet the huge demand.
– The bookings began early and it’s not just from the local area as people will. Among other things, we have bookings from Rauma, says Annika Hietala.
Queues for rooms
In the middle of August there Wasa Open Air Karl court in Vaasa with Roxette draw. The concert is part of the band’s 30th anniversary and the 8,000 tickets are sold. Besides Roxette also occurs Alphaville and Frida Andersson and organizers expect it to be sold out.
The concert is also seen in the hotels’ reservations in Vaasa.
– All double rooms are booked but there are no single rooms left. It may well be that there are many who go home after the concert but we have noticed that there are many couples who want to stay overnight. Later when Robert Helenius was stabbed in Vaasa so were all the rooms booked, says Ann-Maj Rogard at the Hotel Astor.
– We have many who are queuing right now, waiting for if it will cancellations. Power Cup in early June and now laestadianernas summer meeting has made almost all the rooms were sold out, says Ulla Saari at Hotel Kantarellis.
Overall, the summer is a good time for hotels in Vaasa.
– The last room before the concert sold right now and you can see that people are booked most of Saturday. Usually summers to be good for hotels in Vaasa and we think it should be fine even this summer, says Heikki Kokki at Sokos Hotel Vaakuna.